How much is your family’s security worth?
Adele King at Ladykings Locksmiths asks you to think about your family's security.
There’s not a week goes by where I don't speak to someone who has a story to tell with regards to locks, keys and general security to their home. I have to say, after spending 13 years within the Prison Service and seeing what could happen, this shocks me.
So let's take a look at some of the most obvious examples.
- Most households have a car they service regularly. Yes, because they want to be able to get from A to B.
- We all have some form of heating system that we have checked annually to ensure we have heat and that it’s safe.
So why not review your locks and security once a year too?
When all is said and done, this is what keeps your family and property safe - both day and night.
With the current climate of Police budgets being cut year on year, and the attendance at burglaries only deemed as an emergency if the offender is still there, a little basic security can go a long way to reduce your risk and encourage that spontaneous burglar to move on, leaving you and your family safe and sound.
I so often hear ‘maybe next month’ or ‘it's been ok so far…’
But last year in the UK there were 750,000 burglaries.
So I'll leave you with 4 simple questions:
- Would you like to be a number in that statistic this year?
- When was the last time you thought about your security at home or at work?
- Do you know what the cost would be if something happened?
- Do you know what the cost would be to reduce your risk?
Adele King is the only female locksmith in the North West.