Business Blog Guidelines
This blog has been designed to promote local businesses and organisations, and therefore to further promote what Preston has to offer its residents, visitors, students and investors.
- Do explain what your business is, what it offers and who is part of it (if relevant).
- Don’t assume people have heard of you or your business prior to reading this blog.
- Do keep it concise, relevant and visual.
- Do include contact details and a web address (if applicable) for further information.
- Do make it interesting.
- Don’t include unprofessional or inappropriate language or content matter*.
*The communications team reserve the right to request a re-edit or prevent publication of a blog.
- Advice – establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Top tips are always popular!
- Commentary – are there any current issues or events that relate to your business or sector?
- Story – is there a human interest story that ties in?
- Why is your business / organisation located in Preston? What does Preston offer to your business / organisation?
- What does your business / organisation offer Preston & its residents? How does it add to Preston?
The current advice is to keep your blog under 500 words or over 800.
Telephone: 01772 906349