Introduction to World of Wine Course
Date Thursday 01 February 2018 - Thursday 22 March 2018
Time 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location Preston Holiday Inn, Ringway, Preston, PR1 3AU
Begin Your Journey to Becoming a Wine Connoisseur.
Join the 'Introductory World of Wine Course' for a jaunt around the globe. On Thursday evenings they will visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico and Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc to Argentine Malbec and Chablis and Champagne.
If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the wonderful world of wine then this is the course for you. The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of their other tastings or events.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided.
Please Note: The course fee excludes the cost of wine, food and materials. These are priced at £10 per evening, payable on the night.
What Will I Get From This Course?
By the end of the 8 evenings you will have:
- gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
- learnt how to identify any faults found in wine, e.g. a corked wine
- tasted wines from most of the world's major wine regions (tasting nearly 60 wines)
- confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods by learning food & wine matching
- developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
For full details on this course and on how to book visit The Lancashire Wine School - Introductory World of Wine Course.
Preston Holiday Inn, Ringway, PR1 3AU.
Contact the organiser