Itinerary - Family Preston
Visit Preston for a great family day out offering plenty of attractions and action packed activities to enjoy..
Old and young alike, Preston offers something for everyone. With a cool mix of family friendly activities and things to do, plus plenty in the way of fabulous green spaces to explore, the city makes a great destination for a family day out or mini break away.
Start the day with a trip to one of Preston’s family friendly museums.
For a city centre option, be sure to check out the Harris Museum & Art Gallery. With a medley of arts and artefacts to explore spread across Lancashire’s largest gallery space and mix of fun activities and events taking place for kids throughout the holidays, you will easily while away the hours!
Alternatively, if you fancy something a little more open and away from the city bustle, then why not head over to the Ribble Steam Railway on Preston Docks and hop aboard a steam train to explore Preston’s industrial dock and rail heritage.. Make sure you stop by the workshops whilst there to view restoration work to the old engines and locomotives.
For afternoon fun, grab your explorer hat and head to Brockholes to visit the iconic floating village and impressive 250 Acre Nature Reserve.. Set amongst ancient woodland where you can watch and learn about wildlife at close quarters and host to cool weekend events and activities, Brockholes brings nature reserves well and truly into the 21st Century, making a great day out for the whole family.
After all that exploring, treat yourself to a well deserved break in unique style at the floating café.. With homemade cakes, delicious ice cream and even take away picnic bags to enjoy your lunch at one of the reserves many fine picnic spots – a great option for those warm sunny days!
Still got more time to squeeze into your day? Then continue the nature theme by paying a visit to either Bowland Wild Boar Park or Turbary Woods Birds of Prey Sanctuary.. Both attractions offer a fantastic experience for everyone.
Alternatively, for rainy day options, head back to the city for a choice of family friendly activities from adrenaline packed options such as trampoline parks and clip n climb to more chilled out affairs in the way of bowling or a trip to the cinema.
Carry on the fun into the evening with a visit to the Guild Hall and Charter Theatre, Preston's place to be for first class entertainment.. With around 300 events hosted throughout the year from theatre, comedy and family shows, through to music across all genres, you'll be sure to find something that will entertain the whole family.. And, for visits during the festive season, be sure to check out the annual pantomime - entertainment gold for both kids and big kids!
Aside from the entertainment offer, the Guild Hall is home to a number of shops and quality eats, meaning you can roll out the day to evening experience with a pre show meal at one of the venues choice of appetising restaurants.. From American style hotdogs to world tapas and classic style Italian cuisine, there's something to suit all taste buds!
- Harris Museum & Art Gallery
- Ribble Steam Railway
- Preston Docks
- Bowland Wild Boar Park
- Turbary Woods Birds of Prey Sanctuary
- Trampoline Parks
- Clip n Climb
- Guild Hall and Charter Theatre
Map Addresses for Itinerary
- Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Market Square, PR1 2PP
- Ribble Steam Railway, Chain Caul Road, Preston, PR2 2PD
- Preston Docklands, Mariners Way, PR2 2YN
- Brockholes, Preston New Road, Preston PR5 0AG
- Bowland Wild Boar Park, Chipping, Preston, PR3 2QT
- Turbary Woods Owl and Bird of Prey Sanctuary, Turbary Woods, 92 Chain House Lane, Whitestake, Preston, PR4 4LB
- Energi Trampoline Park, Queens Retail Park, Queen Street, Preston, PR1 4HZ
- Flip Out Trampoline Park, Unit 1B, Fishwick Park, Mercer Street, Preston, PR1 4LQ
- Clip n Climb, 1b Wyder Court, Millennium City Park, Preston PR2 5BW
- MFA Bowl, 50 Greenbank Street, Preston PR1 7PH
- Vue Preston, The Capitol Centre, London Way, Walton-Le-Dale, Preston, PR5 4AW.
- Odeon Preston, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2YQ
- Guild Hall and Charter Theatre, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT