Take Time Out to Explore Preston's Oldest and Most Well Known Park..
Moor Park is Preston's oldest and largest designated parkland, located just on the outskirts of the city centre. In addition to its fields of green it offers the opportunity to play a variety of sports on dedicated areas.
Sports and Activities
The sports and activities on offer include;
- a multi-use games area for basketball, football, hockey and cricket,
- urban gym
- 4 bowling greens and a pavilion
- hard surface tennis courts
- children’s play areas
- 8 football pitches and pavilion
- cricket wickets
Moor Park's skate park opened in 2015. Designed by Freestyle Skate Parks, one of the leading UK skate park companies, it's well worth a visit.
A unique feature you may spot as you walk through the park is the University of Central Lancashire's observatory. The observatory has been recently renovated as part of a Heritage Lottery Fund restoration project.
Heritage Lottery Restoration Project
A restoration project is currently underway to ensure Moor Park retains its charm and prestige. From Spring this year the following works will take place;
- Refurbish the Bowls Pavilion as a café
- Refurbish the network of footpaths
- Re-create an ornamental garden
- Improve the car park
- Refurbish and renew seats and other park furniture
- Refurbish major entrances and boundaries
- Upgrade the drainage on the cricket field and install new wickets
- Create an area for events
For more details on the restoration project visit Preston City Council's Moor Park page.
Map Address for Moor Park
Moor Park, Preston, PR1 6AS.
Telephone: 01772 906471
Moor Park, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 6AS