Family History Friday
Date Friday 14 June 2019
Time 9:30am - 5:00pm
Location Lancashire Archives, Bow Lane, Preston, PR1 2RE
Join Lancashire Archives for a free day exploring your family history...
From 9.30am-12pm get help with your family history problems from members of the Preston Branch of the Lancashire Family History and Heraldry Society.
From 12.30pm-1.30pm listen to a talk exploring sources that you may not have considered for your research, or hear interesting family history tales inspired by the archives' collections.
At 2pm you can join the free 'Getting to Know' session to find out more about the archive's collections, including a glimpse behind the scenes in their storage areas and the chance to view a medieval book of hours.
The public searchroom will also be open from 9.30am-5pm for you to conduct your own research.
Other Family History Fridays
Attend the Lancashire Archives' Family History Fridays for an exciting range of topics:
- 11 January, The double identity of John Robinson – a family history mystery
- 8 February, By his tattoos you shall know him – tracking down an elusive great uncle
- 8 March, Beyond bricks and mortar – your house history
- 12 April, Parish records – not just baptisms, marriages and burials
- 10 May, Ancestors at sea – crew lists for family historians
- 14 June, Our ancestors' Lancashire school days
- 12 July, The church courts and our ancestors' daily lives
- 9 August, Newspapers for family historians
- 13 September, Beyond ordnance survey – more maps for family historians
- 11 October, Taking care of the past – packaging and handling archives
- 8 November, By the seaside – our Lancashire ancestors at play
- 13 December, Bad to the bone? Records of juvenile delinquency and reform
Map address for Lancashire Archives
Lancashire Archives, Bow Lane, PR1 2RE.
Contact the organiser
Telephone: 01772 533039