Itinerary - Family Preston
Visit Preston for a great family day out full of attractions and action packed activities...
Old and young alike, Preston offers something for everyone. With a cool mix of family-friendly activities and things to do, plus plenty in the way of fabulous green spaces to explore, the city makes a great destination for a family day out or mini break away.
For more ideas of things to do in Preston see the Visit Preston Blog.
- Harris Museum & Art Gallery
- Ribble Steam Railway
- Preston Dock
- Bowland Wild Boar Park
- Turbary Woods Birds of Prey Sanctuary
- Energi Trampoline Park
- Flip Out Trampoline Park
- Clip 'n Climb
- MFA Bowl
- Vue Cinema
- Odeon Cinema
- Guild Hall and Charter Theatre
Start the day with a trip to one of Preston’s family friendly museums.
For a city centre option, be sure to check out the Harris Museum & Art Gallery. With a medley of arts and artefacts to explore, spread across Lancashire’s largest gallery space, and a mix of fun activities and events taking place for kids throughout the holidays, you will easily while away the hours!
Alternatively, if you fancy something a little more open and away from the city bustle, then why not head over to the Ribble Steam Railway on Preston Docks and hop aboard a steam train to explore Preston’s industrial dock and rail heritage... Make sure you stop by the workshops whilst there to view restoration work to the old engines and locomotives.
For afternoon fun, grab your explorer hat and head to Brockholes to visit the iconic floating village and impressive 250 acre Nature Reserve. Set amongst ancient woodland, where you can watch and learn about wildlife at close quarters, Brockholes brings nature reserves well and truly into the 21st Century, making a great day out for the whole family. The reserve is even host to a variety of cool weekend events and activities.
After all that exploring, treat yourself to a well deserved break in unique style at the floating café, complete with homemade cakes and delicious ice cream. There are even take away picnic bags so you can enjoy your lunch at one of the reserve's many fine picnic spots – a great option for those warm sunny days!
Still got more time to squeeze into your day? Then continue the nature theme by paying a visit to either Bowland Wild Boar Park or Turbary Woods Birds of Prey Sanctuary. Both attractions offer a fantastic experience for everyone.
Alternatively, for rainy day options, head back to the city for a choice of family friendly activities. There are adrenaline packed options, such as trampoline parks and Clip 'n Climb, and chilled out affairs in the form of bowling at Preston Rock N' Bowl or a trip to the Vue cinema or Odeon cinema.
Carry on the fun into the evening with a visit to the Guild Hall and Charter Theatre, Preston's place to be for first class entertainment. With around 300 events hosted throughout the year, including theatre, comedy and family shows, you'll be sure to find something that will entertain the whole family. And, for visits during the festive season, be sure to check out the annual pantomime - entertainment gold for both kids and big kids.
Aside from theatre and shows, the Guild Hall is home to Level, an exciting entertainment complex offering delicious pre-show food and high-adrenaline fun. The complex offers great experiences that can transform from day to night. Battle through a game of laser tag, take on the challenge of the Daredevil assault course or opt for a quirky game of crazy golf.
Map address points for Family Preston Itinerary
- Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Market Square, PR1 2PP
- Ribble Steam Railway, Chain Caul Road, Preston, PR2 2PD
- Preston Docklands, Mariners Way, PR2 2YN
- Brockholes, Preston New Road, Preston PR5 0AG
- Bowland Wild Boar Park, Chipping, Preston, PR3 2QT
- Turbary Woods Owl and Bird of Prey Sanctuary, Turbary Woods, 92 Chain House Lane, Whitestake, Preston, PR4 4LB
- Energi Trampoline Park, Queens Retail Park, Queen Street, Preston, PR1 4HZ
- Flip Out Trampoline Park, Unit 1B, Fishwick Park, Mercer Street, Preston, PR1 4LQ
- Clip n Climb, 1b Wyder Court, Millennium City Park, Preston PR2 5BW
- MFA Bowl, 50 Greenbank Street, Preston PR1 7PH
- Vue Preston, The Capitol Centre, London Way, Walton-Le-Dale, Preston, PR5 4AW
- Odeon Preston, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2YQ
- Guild Hall and Charter Theatre, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT
- Level, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT